hello people!! i write to you this week with a very exciting post: my first ever bakery crawl!
what’s a bakery crawl you may ask? well for those of you familiar with its drunken cousin, the pub crawl, a bakery crawl functions similarly as an extended time spent hopping around to different bakeries.
on my very first bakery crawl, i visited 10 bakeries. in 1 day. so you better be hungry, because you’re about to watch a whole lot of sweets!
video time! foodstuffs bakery crawl: manhattan
- arcade bakery (tribeca) 220 church st, new york, ny 10013, open 8am-4pm mon-fri
- what i bought: seeded laminated baguette, and lemon sugar brioche
- maman (tribeca) 211 w broadway, new york, ny 10013, open 7am-6pm mon-fri and 8am-6pm sat, sun
- what i bought: chocolate pistachio croissant
- dominique ansel bakery (soho) 189 spring st, new york, ny 10012, open 8am-7pm mon-sat and 9am-7pm sun
- what i bought: dka (dominique’s kouign amann)
- mah-ze-dahr (west village) 28 Greenwich Ave, New York, NY 10011, open 7am-6pm mon-fri and 8am-6pm sat, sun
- what i bought: sadly mah-ze-dahr was closed for a private event but i have tasted their chocolate chip cookie and ice cream before, both delicious!
- aux merveilleux de fred (meatpacking) 37 8th ave, new york, ny 10014, open 8am-7:30pm everyday
- what i bought: “the incredible” a speculoos meringue, covered in whipped cream and white chocolate shavings, and “the wonderful” a meringue with chocolate whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings
- momofuku milk bar (chelsea) 220 8th ave, new york, ny 10011, open 8am-11pm mon-thurs and 8am-12am fri-sun
- what i bought: b’day cake truffles
- sullivan street bakery (chelsea) 236 9th ave, new york, ny 10011, open 7am-4pm mon-fri and 8am-4pm sat, sun
- what i bought: garlic stretchy
- breads bakery (union square) 18 east 16th st, new york, ny 10003, open 6:30am-9pm mon-sat and 7:30am-8pm sun
- what i bought: reverse chocolate chip cookie
- zucker bakery (east village) 433 east 9th st, new york, ny 10009, open 8am-6pm mon-fri and 9am-7pm sat, sun
- what i bought: yin-yang black and white cookie
- supermoon bakehouse (lower east side) 120 rivington st, new york, ny 10002, open 8am-5pm everyday
- what i bought: eggnog cruffin
and in this week’s other stuff:
my jacket from the video
a stellar west village restaurant you need to try, duck fat tots and all
that’s all friends! have a happy weekend!